Wednesday, 29 June 2011

I don't think I could have made it look more difficult if I'd have tried....

A little while ago Chloe and I hopped on a plane down to London to visit Granny & The Dude.  While there we went for a stroll through the beautiful rolling countryside of the North Downs Way and Newland's Corner.  A 5 mile walk with a 10 month old?  No problem, I said smugly, I'm a Babywearer!  

We arrived at the starting point with a few of Mom's walking buddies and I got out my wrap, tossed Chloe onto my back and started wrapping.  Everyone was looking suitably impressed, Chloe was happy enough and all was going well.  It was suggested that I might want to get one of those framed backpack carriers for her when she gets heavier.  "Oh no", said I, "those things are terribly heavy and not actually very comfortable for parent or child compared to using a wrap."  Me and my big mouth.  I think over the next few hours I proceeded to make wrapping look very difficult, very time consuming and possibly faffed more than I ever have in my life.  For some reason it was just one of those days.  You know, the kind where something you do perfectly well all the time just goes wrong for no apparent reason and then you get yourself all worked up trying to fix it, doing things you would never normally do to try to right it, making even more of a mess of things and then just end up throwing your hands up in a huff of failure?  Well, it was like that.  I was not a good advert for Babywearing.  Still, we got there in the end. 


1 comment:

  1. Leigh , I so love reading your blogs. Mom xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete