Thursday, 30 June 2011

That stomach-sinking feeling.



Alex and Chloe and I popped over to Holyrood Park yesterday afternoon for a bit of a change of scenery from the flat.  Chloe has just started taking some steps on her own which is quite exciting.  I think three is the most she's managed so far.  Getting there one step at a time!  So I wrapped her and we walked over to the park then let her down to wander about.  Alex was encouraging her and I was following them around, snapping away with the camera.





After a while I happened to look down at myself and it took a good few seconds to register what I was seeing.  The chain I wear my wedding and engagement rings on around my neck was hanging on the outside of my shirt, but it wasn't a chain I was looking at.  All I could see were two dangling ends and no rings in sight.  Cue massive  internal panic attack.  I may have looked fairly calm but I was shitting myself inside.  Alex looked over at me.

"What's wrong?"

"My chain."

"What about it?"

"Look, it's broken." *rising panic in my voice*

"Okaaaay." *clearly not grasping the significance*

"My rings were on it.  They've fallen off.  Somewhere."

Alex surveyed the wide, open park, a look of resignation on his face.  That's when I had a thought and, not daring to hope, looked down my top.  Nestled in my bra were the two beauties.  Cue massive sigh of relief.   Horseshoe up my ass or what?





1 comment:

  1. The shots are really wonderful, Leigh; they capture those first moments in an lovely intimate way. I especially love the first shot: big wide world out there. Now you're standing on your own two feet.
    As for the rings, you got mighty lucky there!

    ReplyDelete