I wrote this post a few weeks ago but didn't get around to uploading any pictures until now so it's getting published a wee bit late!
_______________________________________________________________________________
We've officially been living with a Toddler for a few weeks now! When Alex left for South Africa she was taking the occasional tentative steps on her own but crawling was still her main mode of transportation. Well, that's certainly changed! Must be the fresh Nova Scotian air. There's no stopping her and she's currently trying to master the art of running. I fear for my sanity when she figures that one out! It really is amazing how quickly they catch onto things once they get the hang of them.
_______________________________________________________________________________
We've officially been living with a Toddler for a few weeks now! When Alex left for South Africa she was taking the occasional tentative steps on her own but crawling was still her main mode of transportation. Well, that's certainly changed! Must be the fresh Nova Scotian air. There's no stopping her and she's currently trying to master the art of running. I fear for my sanity when she figures that one out! It really is amazing how quickly they catch onto things once they get the hang of them.
She's a pretty fast learner, walking before her 1st birthday, which was last Tuesday, by the way. Yes, I did mean to mark the event with a special blog post. No, I did not actually manage to do so. Slacking blogger-mommy. In fact, I barely have any pictures from the day. Slacking photographer-mommy. I did make her a cake though (is it wrong that I made her my favourite cake just so I could have some?) The fact that I forgot to add baking powder and salt, and so it didn't really rise and was more of an iced pound cake is really neither here nor there. Ok, fine, I admit it - slacking baker-mommy too. Despite the dense texture I thought it was still rather tasty. Chloe didn't share my opinion and took a bite then threw it on the floor. Repeatedly. I guess I need to up my game.
Her proficiency in other skills is impressive as well. Not only can she feed herself pretty easily with a spoon, but she can feed herself with two spoons at the same time. Can you do that?
I had high hopes of plonking her in the sea for her first swimming experience however I might turn her into a baby-popsicle given the temperature of the water at the moment. So a paddling pool is currently filling the gap. Not exactly a place to swim, but a great place to splash around and model her Spring/Summer 2011 Swimsuit collection.
Much fun was had by all this summer. Just imagine how different she will be next year!
![]() |
| Granny is hilarious at dinner time! |
![]() |
| Starlet in the making! |
| Having fun with Grandpa on the dock |






No comments:
Post a Comment