We went for a walk in Glen Tress today, about an hour's drive south of Edinburgh. It is a mountain biking mecca and we were meeting a bunch of friends who were hiring some bikes and going for a ride to celebrate our friend Chris's 30th birthday. They didn't have any bikes small enough for Chloe, and while it was suggested that I could just wrap her onto my back and go for a ride too, we decided that using our baby to cushion my fall might not be all that ethical. So Alex and Chloe and I went for a walk in the woods while the others splattered themselves in mud and no doubt had a recklessly good time on their bikes.
We set off from the aptly-names Red Squirrel Car Park and Chloe had fun climbing up onto it, and picking out some pieces of rotten wood from its tail. Nice.
Chloe has decided that at the moment she is most definitely a Daddy's Girl and she adored walking around the paths holding onto Alex's hand, while I didn't get a look in. She found it soooo exciting she was almost breathless with happiness! We came across some ponds which obviously looked like large bathtubs and she was very put out not to be allowed to wade into them.
I tested out the new Ergo carrier I got for the Sling Library I have set up (that's a whole other post, I've been busy lately.....) and it was pretty good, Chloe had a lovely long sleep and Alex and I traipsed up a hill, got a bit lost, then traipsed back down again. It was a rather lovely day.







That first shot is a stunner, Leigh. Looks like a peaceful place. xoxo
ReplyDelete