So I've been joining in on a little something that's been going on at the Natural Mamas Forum that I read a lot. The idea is to wear a skirt or a dress every day for the month of October, or Frocktober as it has be dubbed. This is something that puts me way out of my comfort zone, being that my daily attire generally consists of jeans. I admit, it wouldn't have been quite so challenging in the heat of the summer, but Edinburgh in October? That's a whole different kettle of fish!
Funnily enough, footwear has become my major sticking point. I can do sandals, no problem at all - but it's bloody cold and wet out. I can do heels - for about 10 minutes. I have my biker boots but I'm just not feeling them without jeans. So far my Minnetonka Moccasins have been a life-saver but they aren't so supportive for my high arches. I am in a quandary. I think some shopping may have to occur.
I have found it very interesting, and challenging too. I've been digging out pieces I haven't worn for yonks, putting together outfits I've never worn before. Getting to know my more feminine side. It's not all good though - no longer can I have a bad day and just chuck on a "safe" outfit - it's back to multiple outfit changes and fits of self-consciousness.
No matter, I've stuck it out for a week, I'm not going to promise to last the month but I'll give it a shot. Here are a few of the outfits so far:
Wish me luck with the rest of the month!







All good but 1, 5 and 7 are particularly representative of your style. Well done for challenging yourself and realising there are more creative choices in your wardrobe than you might have thought! xoxo
ReplyDelete