So I'm in a different room from Chloe, somewhat indisposed. Okay, okay, let's not beat around the bush, being a mother isn't glamorous so I'll just get this out there - I was sitting on the toilet. I had the door open, cause really, closing the door on a toddler just isn't worth the hassle. Chloe was happily occupied in the kitchen rearranging the pot drawer. Or so I thought. Suddenly I realise it's quiet. Then I hear her shimmy her way up onto a chair. A moment of silence. The scrape of a mug on a countertop. The sound of liquid sloshing around accompanied by a loud "poooouuur". I was out of that bathroom in a flash. The tell-tale brown moustache told me all I needed to know. The empty cafetiere and half-full coffee mug only served as confirmation. To be honest, I was pretty impressed with her pouring accuracy. She barely spilled anything. Obviously the steamed milks aren't going to cut it when I next go to a cafe, she's gonna want the hard stuff!
![]() |
| Chloe giving me a play-by-play re-enactment, vocals included. |

Laughed my head off.
ReplyDelete