Monday, 12 March 2012

Nighttime Bed-hopping.

I know stereotypically it is the angry wife that turfs the husband out of the marital bed and into the spare room.  I'm happy to say that I have never once done so.  The same can not be said of Chloe.  She has, in her 18months of life, done something I haven't done in 10 years.  

Chloe, and therefore Alex and I, have been going through a little bit of a rough patch when it comes to sleeping these last two weeks.  The other night she awoke at some ungodly hour of the morning calling out "Mama....Mama...." and would not settle.  We've found that she will settle in bed with us though so Alex got up to bring her through.  When she saw him rather than me she was clearly displeased and started crying.  Loudly.  He brought her to bed and handed her over to me.  She was sitting up on my stomach but still crying, except now she was starting to say something between her sobs.  She was looking over at Alex, waving her outstretched finger at him and saying "Dada....No!.....Dada....No!"  I looked at her and asked "Chloe, do you want Dada to leave?"  The intense sobbing stopped in an instant.  She looked straight at me and vigorously nodded her head accompanied by a "Ya!"  After confirming again that she did in fact want Dada to exit toute de suite, Alex dutifully, if bemusedly, hauled himself off to the spare room.  Chloe happily settled herself in a freshly vacant warm spot and went straight to sleep.  Kids, eh?  

No comments:

Post a Comment