Friday, 27 April 2012

Excuses, excuses.....

I've been finding it hard keeping up posts recently.  I blame exhaustion and a fear of Adobe Photoshop.  I bought it when I got my new laptop, thinking I'd have the technical know-how to figure it out pretty fast.  Didn't happen.  It scares me.  I need some serious time spent watching YouTube tutorials to figure out how to get it to do the basics of what I want.  And really, I don't want that much.   My old SilkyPix Developer software that came with my camera (and for which I no longer have the installation CD) was much more intuitive to use.  Sure, it can't do all the fancy stuff that Adobe can, but it takes me 1/5th of the time to correct colour/contrast compared with my laborious attempts on Adobe.  Don't get me wrong, I am sure it is all me, I'm sure there are lots of fancy shortcuts I can learn.  But I kinda don't have the time.  Catch-22.  So I know I have lots of posts to write, but that means photos to edit, and that means facing Adobe.  Then my brain shuts down.

I will delve into my Adobe education and get my thumb out, and hopefully you will see some more posts with pretty pictures of an adorable 21month old soon.    

1 comment:

  1. I think I still have the Silky Pix installation CD: wanna borrow it?

    ReplyDelete