Friday, 25 May 2012

Show Me The Money!

Chloe likes money.  Really likes it.  She can say that word clear as day, no mistaking it.  She will walk around with as many little coins as she can fit in her hand.  She will dig into our pockets searching for it, knowing it often resides there.  Click here to see what Alex taught her.  Yeah, Cuba Gooding Jr would be so proud.  

So she has a little change purse.  We have a big jar of coppers she can play with.  She usually just piles it up or sorts it from one place to another.  Alex wondered if we should get her a Piggy Bank.  I thought that was a tad premature but after today I think he's right.  We should get her one.  Although, I suppose now we don't technically need one seeing as she's already found a very secure Piggy Bank of her own.

She was standing with a pile of coins in front of her on the coffee table in the living room while I was busy folding some laundry.  I noticed she kept picking up a single coin, trotting out of the room with it then coming back empty handed.  This continued for some time.  I figured she was just transferring them elsewhere.  Which she was.  But I realised I wasn't hearing the coins.  I wasn't hearing her drop one onto the pile I assumed she was creating.  So I got curious.  I knew she couldn't have been going far because she was returning quite quickly.  So I walked into the hallway and looked around.  No money.  I peered into her bedroom.  No money.   I peered into the spare bedroom.  No money.  "Well, that's odd."  I thought to myself.  So I decided to just ask Chloe.  "Chloe, where's the money?"  I asked.  "Daaa", she replied.  That means down.  I had a growing suspicion where the money was.  "Show Mama where the money is, Chloe."  So she did.




Yeah, that money is waaaaay safer than in a Piggy bank.  It's not going anywhere for a long time. 

1 comment: