Friday, 18 January 2013

I present to you, "Shoes in Bag"

I'm cooking dinner in the kitchen one evening when Chloe wanders in and starts poking around in the laundry alcove, or the Spider Room as she calls it.  So named because a large house spider lived in a corner of the ceiling in there for a few days.  It is also where we store all our left-over grocery bags.  Chloe spies the bags, she pauses in front of them.  She stares at them for a second and I swear I can almost see a little light bulb pop into existence over her head as she announces, brightly, "Chloe put shoes in bags!"

She pulls an armful of bags from the holder and trots out of the kitchen into the hallway.  I hear the hallway cupboard door open.  I hear the rustling of bags and lots of thud-thud-thuds as she rummages about.  Chloe is quite a literal person.  Her toys are named Big Black Woof, Big Brown Woof, Yellow Dog, Kitty Cat, Small Black Woof, Monkey, Cow, Dolly, and Mousey to name just a few.  So it isn't hard for me to surmise that a game called Shoes in Bags is probably going to result in finding footwear in bags.

I go to have a look.  I'm not surprised at what I see.  Stage One had involved sweeping all the footwear off of the shelves and onto the floor, thus explaining the earlier thudding.  

    

The second and final stage, which he is in the process of carrying out, involves placing said footwear into the bags, usually keeping each pair together.  She is nothing if not organised.  




Working away....




More bags are fetched as needed.




Et Voila!  The goal is achieved.  All the shoes are in bags!




Now I get to clean it all up.  

1 comment: