Saturday, 11 September 2010

Cosy

Had a lovely little cosy morning.  Chloe was up at 4am for a feed then kinda went back to sleep but was awake again at 6:30am so I fed her again then kept her in bed with us as it seems the only way I can get some more dozing in the mornings - whenever I put her back in her cot in the mornings all she does is grunt, grunt, grunt even with a dummy in.  She was up again not long after and Alex was lamenting the loss of the weekend lie-ins.  Chloe lay there making lots of noises to herself (or maybe they were to us) and smiling away.  Her little vocalisations translated into "Mommy, go make daddy a cup of coffee" according to Alex.  I got up, dutifully made some coffee and when I got back to the bedroom father and daugther were both sound asleep and there I was fully awake!  Still, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  I joined in and snuggled into Alex's shoulder with Chloe laying on his chest, her face inches away from mine, my arm draped over her bottom and my finger tucked into her little hand.  It was a lovely way to spend some family time.

Chloe shed her first actual tear today!  Unfortunately I was the cause of it.  I have my new Hoppediz woven wrap and I was practising the Double Hammock carry where she has to be on my back.  Well, she was NOT happy being tossed back there and screamed and shed a tear to prove it.  Luckily once it was tied she immediately shut up & went to sleep so she can't really hate it.  I will prevail with my babywearing!


No comments:

Post a Comment