We headed out of the city to the Pentlands this afternoon for a bit of fresh air. Considering they are right on our doorstep we really don't get out for walks on them often enough! Alex and I have actually done this walk once before, however that time it was blowing a gale (according to me), or just a tad windy (if Alex is to be believed) and I pulled a hissy fit after the first little hill and insisted we take a short-cut back rather than complete the walk. Not my hardiest moment. I'm pleased to say that today the weather was calm, if not fair, and we actually managed to complete the walk. I had fun playing with my new camera lense and Alex, Chris (&Chloe) were pretty patient waiting for me to catch up from all my time spent snapping. Judging from the occasional bead of sweat I noticed on a forehead I think they were secretly more than happy to have an excuse to stop for a breather. My lack of fitness was made very obvious to me, my thighs burned on the uphill slogs and I was the proverbial tortoise, slow and steady. What more can I expect after about a year of no exercise? Chloe spent most of the walk sleeping on Alex's back, alternating between snoring and inhaling in shock at any gust of cold wind. Well, we have to get her used to the frigid winter temperatures in Frozen Britain.





Beautiful shots, Leigh.
ReplyDelete