Really, considering her small stature, the distance and volume of vomit she projected last night was pretty impressive. Not only once, not twice, not....thrice?.....but FOUR times. I mean, to be fair, she hasn't spat up or vomited on me for quite some time so I guess she was pretty determined to address that after having lulled me into a false sense of security. Her first attempt was only partially successful and she covered the (newly laundered) bedsheets more than she did me. After a thorough clean up and stripping (of her and the bed, not me) I sat with her in the living room keeping her upright for a while cause she was unhappy lying down. She obviously wasn't that happy being upright either cause after a few minutes she turned ot her right and vomited all over the blanket on one side of me, turned to her left and vomited all over the pillow on the other side then turned to face me and vomited all over me. And we aren't talking a paltry amount here ladies and gentlemen, we are talking significant volume. Having thoroughly gotten mommy Chloe then happily settled down for a sleep on Daddy's chest while I took myself off to the shower (yes, there was so much it was necessary) and did about 2 loads of laundry covered in sour milk baby-vomit.
No idea what caused it, really hoping it never happens again. Not naive enough to think that it wont though.
No comments:
Post a Comment