Tuesday, 8 March 2011

It's Official.

Baby-flu is worse than Man-flu.  I know, I know, it's hard to believe but it's the truth.  Sure, men can (and do) complain so much you'd think they were on their deathbed, but at least they can vocalise their misery.  Actually, babies vocalise it too - they cry.  And by cry, I mean a relentless non-stop stream of aural displeasure.  Believe me, it's much more difficult to ignore that than the semi-pathetic whimperings of the man in your life.   Chloe at this exact moment is simply crawling around the living room emitting a constant stream of cries and sputterings.  I can distract her with toys, music, singing, slinging and the like for all of 3 minutes before it starts up again.  I cannot win this battle.  

This is her looking good these days.


Let us not forget the visual aspect of it too.  I don't think I've ever seen so much snot drain out of a nose before.  If it isn't one long goober, it's a cluster of bubbles inflating with every breath.  If it is this unpleasant to look at imagine how she must be feeling!  Add this to teething slobber and you have a pretty good idea of what her face is looking like these days.  Cute she ain't!  As much as I try to keep her clean I feel like Sisyphus pushing his boulder up the hill.  She invariably gets there before me and generally spreads the snot all over her face.  She has snot dried onto her eyelashes this morning. Seriously.  And if it isn't going all over her, guess who's a living snot-rag for the poorly girl?

Tooth!


So, to re-cap: teething baby + terrible Baby-flu = unhappy baby + tired mom.

She's living life better through drugs these days, but not much better.  I wish I could. Hang on, I am, and my drug of choice is caffeine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment