Wednesday, 24 August 2011

The first of many, no doubt.

Chloe sustained her first war-wound the yesterday.  Another toddler had a little nibble on her arm.  Chloe wasn't overly bothered, it happened under the cover of canvas so we didn't see it happen, just heard her start crying.  Had no idea why, I just thought maybe he had stepped on her by accident, and she got over it pretty quickly.  It was only later that I noticed some raised welts on her am.  I wondered if it was some weird insect bite, it didn't even occur to me it might be a toddler bite!  But later on at home, when the swelling subsided and the red marks came out it was pretty obvious.  I'm sure Chloe will be dishing it out herself soon enough.  


4 comments:

  1. Awwwwww....smack that little beast, bite him back, Chloe!!!
    I don't EVER remember another toddler biting you but I hear that all the time these days: what gives!? What is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be no smacking! Well, maybe from Chloe, she is starting to get a bit more assertive herself these days. It's just a phase, maybe kids didn't do it in your day but it does seem common now to a certain degree. Maybe people take children to baby & toddler groups more often these days where kids can get a bit more competitive over toys etc? Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being bitten by my brothers on occasion, but it was always when they were over-excited rather than being aggressive. I think it's just a way some toddlers express themselves when they don't know how to communicate with words yet - I think that was the case in the tent with Chloe. I'm sure it wasn't an aggressive act, it's just a shock when these new phases start to happen and none of us are sure how to deal with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I really didn't mind to be honest. Chloe wasn't upset for long and she didn't seem to hold a grudge! I think Joyce was more worried than I was.

    ReplyDelete