Here's a little round-up of a few things Chloe has been up to over the last few months. Things I kept meaning to write about but never quite got round to for one reason or another.
Chloe likes to build.
Lego, the best toy ever invented? Quite possibly. A myriad of possibilities limited only by the ability to imagine them. Chloe's 2yr old imagination hasn't quite expanded towards grasping all these possibilities as yet - all she ever wants to build is a Zoo or a Castle. Actually, that's not quite true. I must correct myself, for you see below a third structure. It isn't a Zoo. It isn't a Castle. Behold.......the Zoo-Castle!!!!!
Chloe likes to climb.
It was bound to happen with parents like us. As soon as Alex gets the ladder out she wants to climb up it. She wants to climb up it even when it isn't out. I was in my bedroom a few weeks ago drying my hair with the hairdryer while Chloe wandered in and out of the room. I assumed Alex was keeping an eye out for her. He assumed I was. She was therefore going about her business un-encumbered by any stringent adult supervision, something not hugely out of the ordinary in our household if I am honest. As I turned off the hairdryer to reposition it I heard a quiet, but insistent little voice floating in through the closed bedroom door repeating a single phrase: "Mama come see what did Chloe do." She didn't sound upset, I debated finishing off my hair and then going to look, but then I figured I should probably just check what she was up to. She obviously wasn't with Alex. I went into the hallway. No sign of Chloe. I started walking towards the livingroom and then I heard her again. From behind me. From the closed hallway closet I had just walked past. I opened the door, looking down at the floor where a toddler would normally be found. Empty. Odd. Then I heard her say "Mama" and looked upwards. And there she was, on her own, at the top of the ladder propped up against the wall. In the dark closet with the door closed. Way to go on the responsible parental supervision there, Leigh. Unfortunately my camera was not to hand so I shall give you a substitute. Basically this (but imagine Alex isn't there, and neither is the light.) :
Three more things Chloe likes.
1. Big Brown Woof. One of her three "Woofs" and frequently in pole position as the choice companion for an outing. Though lately Yellow Dog has been snapping at his heels for that role. Big Brown Woof better watch his back!
2. Wearing rabbit ears. This is a headband with rabbit ears on it. Or, technically, "Bunny" Ears. These ones are not really meant for playing dress up. Ok, maybe that's not strictly true. They are not meant for children to play dress up with. Ok, fine. They are from a Playboy Bunny costume, but I swear I only bought it to dress up for Hallowe'en. Once.
3. The potty. Whilst we aren't officially "potty training" at the moment she often likes to go naked in the house and is actually pretty good at using the potty. Not just during the day either. It's not an uncommon occurrence to hear her calling for us long after she has been tucked up in bed, only to find that she has stripped naked, removed her nappy and is sitting on the potty beside her bed in the dark. She started doing it several times an evening when she kept getting extra bedtime songs sung to her every time we had to re-tuck her back in bed. After the fourth time in one evening I asked her, as I was putting her pyjamas back on, "Chloe, are you just using the potty so Mama will sing you more songs?" To which she answered "Yes!" So we had to re-think our re-tuck routine.
Now, combine all three of the above and you have this adorable sight:
I'll just leave you with that image.





Hilarious and priceless. I love reading your blog, Leigh. xoxoxo
ReplyDelete