One of the things I've been concentrating and putting more time and effort into recently is my photography. It's something I enjoy, and something I would love to pursue professionally in the future, skill and finances allowing. I hope I have some natural talent at it, I'd like to think so. Even so, there is still so much to learn, I am still very much an amateur. But practice makes perfect, and I'm not expecting to be a paid pro overnight. I figure I've got a few years while the kids are still young do some courses, learn to edit and shoot, shoot, shoot. Maybe by the time Chloe and Ben are in school all day I'll be at a place where I am confident enough to ask for some money in exchange for my services! I have no desire to go back to working as a Vet at the moment. Will I ever want to in the future? If this photography thing works out then I can't see it happening. I liked being a Vet, and as far as doing something all day that earned me a decent wage, it satisfied me. But I never loved it, I was never passionate about it.
My plan is to do what basically every other photographer in Edinburgh does - Bump, Baby, Family and Weddings. In Edinburgh, the words "saturated" and "market" spring to mind, but I won't give up without trying. Hopefully I may have enough skill and individual style to separate me from everyone else. But then, everyone else thinks that too...
Chloe and Ben are pretty good subjects to practice on at any rate.







I love your photos, and I love to see how you are evolving as a photographer.
ReplyDeleteYou've got lots of talent and determination, hang in there. xoxoxo
ReplyDelete