Six and a half months have gone by already. Getting time for another "baby-in-a-bag" photo soon! Time is passing faster than I'd like and I am so thankful that I have this time with her. I don't know how other women go back to work. I guess we all feel differently, and I know some women look forward to getting back the adult world but I'm not one of them. She's growing and changing so quickly that I couldn't bear to miss any of it. I just love her to death and as much of a cliche as it is, I don't think anyone can truly understand how much their parents love them until they become parents and have children of their own. It is indescribable.
She's moving all over the place now, commando-style but also starting to get her knees up under her. It's so cute watching her: stretch out arms.....palms on the floor.....haul chest over hands.....raise bum into the air to get on knees......concentrate.....hold position......slide back onto tummy as knees slip out from under her. And repeat. We went over to Jess's yesterday for a Baby Shiatsu course. Trying to massage a moving target is no easy task. Come to think of it, even doing basic things like trying to change her nappy is a struggle these days. As soon as she's put down on her back all she does is roll onto her front then try to crawl towards the most interesting thing in her line of vision and chew on it. Usually the plastic nappy bag - she definitely doesn't know that children shouldn't play with plastic bags.
Thankfully she's learned how to sleep again as well. It was tough for a while there. Her sleeping just got worse and worse from 4 months onwards and at it's worst I think she was awake 10 times in one night. It was exhausting and mentally draining cause we just didn't know the reason for it or what we could do to make things better. I'll admit tears were shed - mostly by me because I will not just leave her to "cry it out". As often as it was suggested to me, it isn't a parenting choice I wanted to make and I am so glad that we've come out the other side without resorting to it. It was a long two months but I'm so lucky to have a husband like Alex who was willing to support me and wake up early and take Chloe so I could get a few more hours of much needed rest. She doesn't sleep through, but I don't expect her to at this age and I'm quite happy with the sleeping situation, though I'll admit that 5:30am is a little bit early to be getting up most mornings. Try telling that to Chloe though.
The weaning is coming along slowly. We tried giving her some purees and some baby porridge to mix in with the BLW but it seemed to put her off food completely. She really dislikes being spoon fed - I think having medications syringed into her mouth several times a day has given her a dislike of having anything put into her mouth by anyone other than herself. We've found that sitting across from her trying to spoon stuff in just make sher upset and fussy. If we sit her in her chair with some things in front of her to pick at and either entertain her a bit or let her get on with it herself while we eat our meal tends to result in more food going into her mouth. A fair bit (in fact most of it) still ends up on the floor but she's experiencing new tastes and textures. Tonight it was felafel with some humous and some cucumber. It is a slow process but I'm happy to continue breastfeeding her so I'm going to let her go at her own pace and try not to worry.
We've also had a very special custom-made carrier arrive. I had it made from our first wrap at it has turned out beautifully. Hopefully it will allow us to keep using it for a long time to come.
![]() |
| Our new Chicago Ocah |


No comments:
Post a Comment